A caddy is always present in a game of golf. They are often seen around the course carrying golf bags and clubs of players. But there’s more to them than meets the eye. A golfer, regardless of skill level, forms a partnership with his caddy for the important role he plays to their success. Basically, caddies are self-employed so they don’t receive any compensation from golf clubs.
Characteristics of a Good Caddy
A good caddy is equipped with the knowledge of the entire golf course. He is often familiar with the slopes on the green, the distances to hazards and the right line for your drives. An experienced caddy has seen every possible putt on the green many times so he is qualified to give you advice about line and speed as well as save you the most shots on the putting surface. Once he has seen you play, he can give you advice suited to your style. He can also help you with club selection and golf course management as well. On top of it, he sometimes acts as a morale booster that inspires golfers to get a good shot.
Type of Caddying
The role of caddies depends on the type of caddying. In traditional caddying, the caddy carries the player’s bag while the player walks in front. This is a common practice allowed by PGA (Professional Golf Association) and LPGA (Ladies Professional Golf Association).
In fore-caddying, the caddy walks along while the player rides in golf carts. He will give players a hole description and walks ahead to look for the player’s tee shot. He proceeds to get the player’s yardage as the player drives the cart from the tee to their shots. He then walks furthermore to locate the next shot. This goes on until the player reaches the greens. On the green, he is responsible for reading the greens, fixing the ball marks, cleaning the golf balls and take charge of the flag. Some of these tasks will be only done if the player asks him to.
The last type is called the golf butler. A caddy’s usual responsibility includes giving further assistance to the player on and off course. He may be asked to pick up the player from his residence and bring him to the course or other menial tasks such as providing refreshments and many more.
Whatever tasks assigned to them, caddies know they have to give it their best shot for the success of a golf game.
One important aspect of every home is garage lighting. It not only provides illumination but also keeps the garage more functional for homeowners. There are many types of garage lights that cater to a homeowner’s different needs. Just like the different refrigerator brands that must be carefully studied before buying one, you should also consider many factors in shopping for the best lighting for your garage. The scope of the lighting and the size of your garage are some factors to think about as well as the lighting circuitry and light installation. Both indoor and outdoor garage lights must be carefully chosen to make your garage more than just a parking area for cars but also as a craft and hobby station for homeowners.
The Common Types of Garage Lights
- Recessed lighting – This type of lighting look like spotlights from the top. Often appearing like rows, recessed lighting is embedded in the ceiling so they don’t obstruct or get in the way of tall items. Just like dense carpet padding that combines well with carpets, recessed lights also blend well with the ceiling. These are great options for both style and function.
- Island lighting – Kitchen island lighting like hanging pendant lights are great for garages with work benches. Pendant lights hang low and offer brightness and illumination for garage work stations located in dark corners. Island lighting also looks pretty and brings in that much needed style for your garage. To know more about island lighting and its many other types, simply visit www.island-lighting.com.
- LED lighting – If you want garage lights that are long lasting and cost effective, then LED lights is the answer. LED stands for light emitting diodes and is very popular for being energy efficient. They’re very useful when you need to leave the garage lights on but don’t want a surge in your electricity bill.
- Fluorescent lighting – This used to be the light of choice for many homes but has become less popular nowadays. Fluorescent can properly illuminate a dark area like your garage, but it doesn’t contribute much when it comes to overall aesthetics. Just like the affordable shelf liner however, fluorescent lighting is very cheap and can be depended on as a good light source.
Get Proper Lighting for Your Garage
Garage lights can be just one or a combination of different types of lights. Make a lighting plan according to your needs and go with what you think is the best. Garages are now used for varying purposes; thus, proper garage lighting is needed in this area where cars and tools are usually kept.
Colorful and attractive bakery boxes wrap up delectable treats and goodies bought at bakeries and cafes. They’re boxes that are often made of cardboard with a combination of plastic in some cases. The packaging of baked items like cakes, pastries, cupcakes and donuts among others helps sell products and contributes to a store’s overall image. Boxed packaging protects food and makes baked stuff easy to carry after purchasing them. A beautiful presentation makes food more appealing don’t you think? A nicely designed bakery box is therefore important to bring in more sales, offer convenience to buyers and protect baked creations from dirt and damage.
Some Wonderful Examples of Bakery Boxes
- Custom cupcake boxes are fantastic examples of very attractive bakery packaging. Boxes for a single cupcake are available as well as boxes for 6, 8, 12 and many more cupcakes. Cupcake boxes come in various designs. Some are made entirely of cardboard boxes while others have plastic and transparent lids on top of cardboards. Transparent lids enable buyers to see the baked items inside which is often a great factor in getting increased sales.
- Single slice cake boxes are also other forms of bakery packaging. Stores that sell slices of cakes should definitely have these single slice boxes on hand so that the customer can easily bring home a piece of cake. There are also single slice cake boxes that make up a bigger piece; thus, making a visually interesting presentation.
- Plastic totes with lids can be used for bulk bakery purchases like an order for a big party or celebration. These plastic boxes keep food safe and prevent them from getting contaminated while in transport. They’re suitable for bread deliveries and catering services.
Some Ideas in Making an Attractive Bakery Box
Weddings and big celebrations are fantastic venues to promote your product. You can let guests bring home baked items like cupcakes as souvenir for the occasion. Use a custom embosser tool and engrave the couple’s initials on each bakery box for a personalized effect. Use the same embossed design for the wedding invitations to bring about a uniform themed look. You can go to www.myweddinginvitationkits.com to get more wedding ideas and other relevant topics.
- Fill single slice cake boxes with candies and other sweet treats. Then use these boxes as party table centerpieces. Arrange the boxes by forming a pattern or by stacking them up to create a pyramid. Use your imagination and create a table centerpiece that goes with the party theme. Using bakery packaging is not only inexpensive but they’re also stylish and unique.
For children’s birthdays, use bakery packaging to box up your party favors. You can choose any style you want and design the box with ribbons, buttons, stickers and many other craft materials. You can also put your child’s handprint on every box to give it more character and uniqueness.
Bakery Box – The Right Way to Package Your Baked Creations
If you love baking and making delectable treats to friends and family, make sure to keep several bakery boxes on hand. These things are essential to properly present your works of art and delicious goodies. A bakery box adds character and makes any baked item even more appealing.
Why spend more when you can get tiles for less? Almost every home has tiles for flooring, countertops and backsplashes. Getting tiles on a bargain is therefore a very practical thing to do especially with a less flourishing economy. Tiles come in different types, sizes, colors and designs which you can choose to get at lower prices. When buying low, you’re able to give yourself two main benefits which are huge savings and real value for money. Tiles on a bargain are basically the same as their regular tile counterparts. You essentially get the same kind of durability, style and functionality. Tiles function the same way no matter what the cost so it pays to buy them cheap and truly stretch the household budget.
Two Examples of Tiles that You Can Get for Less
- Saltillo Tiles – These tiles hail from only one place in the world which is Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico. Made from natural clay which is abundant in this area, a Saltillo tile is unglazed and is known for its distinct rich orange shade. Attractive as they are, these tiles are extremely porous; hence, a Saltillo tile sealer is needed in most cases. With proper maintenance and regular sealing, the tiles are durable and are great in creating a Mexican or Spanish inspired home interior. They’re available in stores like Home Depot and many tile outlet stores in the US.
- Quarry Tiles – These tiles are not only very affordable but they’re truly long lasting. Ideal for both homes and commercial settings, these tiles are for people who want durability more than anything else. They’re rough and unglazed; thus, making them well suited for areas that require traction and non skid surfaces. Kitchen and patio floors in the home as well as floors of restaurants, supermarkets and many other businesses will certainly benefit from the use of quarry tiles. You can learn more about them by visiting www.quarrytilehq.com.
Maintaining your Tiles and Grout Lines
Cleaning tiles regularly as well as resealing tile surfaces contributes greatly in their overall function and beauty. With proper maintenance, stains are minimized and the look of your flooring is maintained. The use of soap and water works for regular cleaning but specific tile cleaners are also available for once a month disinfection. Sealants also need to be reapplied once every two years to ensure that your tiles continue to repel water and stains up to a certain extent. Whether you bought the tiles at an expensive or cheap price, caring for them allows the tiles to serve you well for as long as possible.
Proper care for your tiles also involves cleaning the grout lines. You can make tile grout look new with simple home remedies as well as grout cleaners that you can buy at hardware stores and supermarkets. You can also use grout stains for discolored grout to give it a fresh coat of color. Apply grout stain after grout cleaning and make your grout lines new looking once more. Find out how to choose the best grout stain by visiting www.groutstainhq.com.
If you’re in the process of constructing a home and just got yourself some discount tiles, an epoxy grout is a fantastic choice to fill in those joints between the tiles. Epoxy grout is very strong and highly impervious to damage. This means that you will be doing less maintenance work as this type of grout is highly resistant to almost anything. Epoxy Grout HQ is a great site to visit for more information on epoxy grout. There you’ll find its pros and cons as well as ideas on how to do epoxy grout installation.
Shop for Tiles that are Affordably Priced
Shop at tile outlet stores and get your tiles at absolutely low prices. There’s really no need to buy tiles at high costs when you can them at a discount. Tiles for less provide practical solutions in the process of giving the home what it needs. The money that you save today can go a long way in providing you and your family a brighter future.
Many people have marvelled about the dazzling beauty of glass subway tile which has adorned beautiful houses and commercial buildings. Few of them actually know the origin of these popular tiles that have become the material of choice in a bathroom or kitchen construction and renovation projects. The subway tile first appeared in the tunnels of the newly opened New York subway system in 1904. The interlocking patterns highlighted on the walls of the subway tunnels fascinated tourists and native New Yorkers alike. The design it created has greatly influenced the tile industry and has allowed designers to express their artistry using the glass subway tile.
Over the past decades, much attention has been focused in creating many tile designs using glass as material. Glass subway tiles are now popularly used as fireplace tile surround. The tiles add to the beauty of the indoor fireplace design especially when the light from the flame reflects on the glass. The impermeable property of the glass is also ideal in high moisture areas such as the bathroom and kitchen. Many architects have incorporated glass subway tiles in home improvement projects. You could find them being used as kitchen backsplash tiles to offer a unique and trendy vibe in the kitchen while maintaining that classic look. This brings an exciting change into this area that complements well with the granite tile counters.
Glass subway tile is likewise perfect to add in the walls of your shower. Instead of buying discount bathroom tiles, why not invest on a quality product that adds beauty and class to your bathroom and one that provides you with a long lasting, durable surface. There are even bullnose glass tiles to cover the edges and corners of structures where you have installed the subway tile. Aside from indoor use, subway tiles made of glass are now installed in swimming pools and outdoor fireplaces. Click on Outdoor Fireplace Kits HQ to view some fabulous designs.
Homeowners can transform their home into a showcase by combining the glowing colors of glass subway tiles with traditional patterns of other tile materials. The new design will make your home appear classy and elegant for the kind of style you want to create. Subway tiles in glass are often seen in high end houses and buildings but you could easily purchase these tiles for a reasonable price at subway tile outlets. If you buy in bulk, you could avail of great deals and discounts from tile manufacturers. You can also order a custom made subway tile if you want to create a design that complements the theme of your home or business.
Ladies always want to stand out in a crowd so they try to experiment with different fashionable outfits to create a distinct look. Wearing an off the shoulder tops allows women to pull off a sexy look without even trying. These blouses enhance the feminine appeal with its bare on the shoulder design. The neckline exposes one shoulder or both depending on the style she wants to create. The design focuses more on the bare neckline which gives women with fuller figures look slimmer and a better chance to grab attention.
Off the shoulder blouses are usually worn for everyday casuals paired with bright colored skinny jeans. They also look great with fleece lined denim pants since you can match the color of the blouse to the exposed fleece lining. Just add a bit of accessory and you are good to go for some evening night out with friends. These tops certainly give you something cool to wear for the summer season aside from the fabulous maxi summer dresses that women normally wear when the weather is hot. These tops are likewise worn over tights or leggings by female dancers who sweat it out in the Marley dance floor.
Nice Things to Know about Off the Shoulder Tops
Off the shoulder tops are nice staple pieces in your closet you can grab anytime to wear on just about any occasion. Whether you are heading on the grocery, shopping with friends, having dinner with your family or going on an evening date, these tops are just the perfect choice to draw attention. But before stepping out of your torched down roof in this stylish outfit, here are some nice things to know about off the shoulder blouses:
- You can experiment on different kinds of fabric with your off the shoulder top and see which one is more suited for casual or dressy occasion. Check out some nice ones in cotton, silk, chiffon, rayon and many other textiles available.
- Off the shoulder blouses in plain, solid color are quite common so you can strike out with something different by wearing a printed one in floral, plaid, animal skin or any other attractive patterns.
- The asymmetrical design of the top is figure flattering since the focus is more on the neckline so it drives away attention on the waist. The loose fit around the waistline allows women to hide big tummies and get away with a slimmer look.
- Steer clear from off the shoulder tops if you have a long neck since the emphasis is around this line.
- Off the shoulder blouses are versatile. They can be worn with just one shoulder showing or with both shoulders exposed. Switching allows you to come up with different styles at an instant.
There are definitely more great things to discover about off the shoulder tops but we leave that part to the wearer. Everyone has her own taste and style to come up with a unique look. It is up to them to use that creativity to make a bold fashion statement.
What is it about Percale bedding that people find so special?
The Percale bed sheets are highly regarded for their incredibly smooth texture, unique crispness and lasting durability. These exceptional qualities all stem from one reason, the weaving process. Percale has more strength unlike any other kinds of fabric. Percale is tightly woven using two hundred thread counts per square inch with each thread passing over another thread. The result generates a sturdy fabric that remains soft and crisp when laundered and ironed correctly. Percale is made from cotton or cotton blend and is available around the world in flat or fitted sheets, blankets and bed covers. It comes in different patterns and colors to provide you with the most comforting experience in bed.
What is the Important Element in Percale Sheets?
The tight weaving method employed to create the Percale is the main reason for its high quality. The process, however, would not be complete without this integral part of weaving, the thread count. The number of threads used in making Percale bedding influences the strength and capacity of the fabric to endure the wear of constant washing and drying. The higher the counts of thread utilized the more durable the fabric becomes. Thread count is, therefore, responsible for Percale’s ability to remain fresh and crisp in appearance and for the sheets to have a longer life span.
How to Properly Maintain Percale Bed Sheets
Percale bed sheets are a bit expensive compared to any regular bedding. When investing in these high quality items, the best care and maintenance is required in order to retain the quality and crisp feeling of the sheets. Here are a few suggestions of how to properly treat your Percale sheets:
- Always take a shower before going to bed. Sweat and grime from the day’s activity can accumulate on your skin and a tendency of rubbing them against the fabric is possible. This can generate some bad effects on the bed sheets which can deteriorate the fabric faster.
- Wash your bed sheets regularly to prevent dirt, oil and grime from thickening on the fabric. Washing them once a week ensures removal of dirt to keep them in good shape. You can use alternate bedding to replace the sheets so as not to overuse the items and to keep washing to a minimum.
- It is highly recommended to hang the Percale sheets on a clothes line to maintain their crispness. If possible, avoid rumbling them inside the dryer. In cases where a dryer is used, spin dry over low heat so as not to stress the fabric.
It is important to protect your investment so proper care of your Percale sheets is necessary. But do not hesitate to use and enjoy them as often as you can. Nothing lasts forever so you might as well make the most of your fabulous sheet sets and their comforting warmth. In time, they will need to be replaced once damaged. When this happens, just buy yourself another Percale so you can continue to sleep soundly.
If you want to create a unique look for your home office or workplace, consider a stylish glass top desk. This glass tabletop supported by wood or metal frame has a class of its own that sets it apart from the rest of the furniture. Glass provides a sleek and clean appearance that is definitely a plus in your working environment. It has a profound influence in the productivity of employees because of its distinct ability to turn an otherwise dull setting and boring routine into something bright and interesting. Many people spend most of their time in the office so decorating the room with beautiful glass table will help make the place comfortable and your task enjoyable.
Advantages of Using a Glass Desk
There are a number of advantages in using glass top desks for your home or office. The reasons stated will prove the exceptional qualities of this type of table and why it won the hearts of people worldwide who are currently using the furniture.
- Elegance – No one can question the sophistication and class brought in by this modern table. The impressive pristine and clear qualities of the desk along with its intricate patterned edges and unique shapes make them excel above traditional office furniture.
- Versatility – Although the glass desk presents a modern appearance, it is quite flexible and can go along with any kind of interior design, be it classic, contemporary or anything out of the ordinary. It can be placed side by side with other furniture and decor, in whatever color scheme possible. It always manages to pull off a distinct look.
- Ease in Maintenance – Desk in glass top is simple to clean and maintain. You can just wipe them down using glass cleaners and cotton or piece of cloth to keep them sparkling and bright. You can even add anti-reflective and anti-scratch coatings to the glass top to protect them from unwanted imperfections.
- Durability – Though the desks appear lightweight compared to wooden tables, they are designed strong and sturdy to hold office equipments like personal computer, printer, scanner and other devices. Modern glass desks now use tempered glass to lessen serious injuries from glass breakage. When this safety glass does break, it splits into smaller fragments, thus, preventing life threatening injuries.
- Affordable – The prices depend on the type of glass used so they can range from cheap to affordable to expensive. But you can easily get a beautiful glass top desk for only $100 to $300.
Shopping for the Best Glass Top Desk
There are various models of glass top desks available in different shapes, sizes and colors. Before purchasing these items, it is important to learn about the kind of desk you truly need. You can read reviews on the internet to find more information about the product. If you want to shop in local furniture stores, consider the price and warranty that comes along with the desk. The right style should motivate you in your day to day task so you can work comfortably and do your job efficiently.
A fun way to enjoy your summer is to get involved in outdoor activities that promote camaraderie and sportsmanship. The corn toss game is a kind of play done in the backyard or in an open field where everyone is free to join. The game is usually played in barbecue parties and get-togethers where a collective atmosphere of fun is enjoyed by family members and friends. Everyone can play the game regardless of age, disabilities or other issues. Most of the players just want to have some good time for the fun of it and also to exercise those muscles.
Building the Bean Bag Toss Board
Although the bean bag board is available in lots of local stores and online shops, you can customize your own set of boards to play the game. Here are a few easy steps to follow:
- Collect all tools needed to build your board for bean bag toss game. You will need a wood board to create the two platforms you will use for the game. Saw, hammer, nails, cloth, and something to fill the bean bags should also come in handy.
- Cut different sizes of circular holes in the wood where the bean bags will be directed at. Smaller holes are meant to give the players higher scores while larger holes will earn them low points.
- For the bean bags, use durable cotton fabrics with two different sets of colors or prints to distinguish each team’s bags apart. Stuff the bags with corn kernels or whatever you prefer to use as stuffing.
- Paint the wood with your own design laid out on the board surface.
How to Play the Corn Hole or Bean Bag Toss Game
The bean bag toss game or corn hole is usually played by two or more players divided in several rounds or innings agreed upon by both teams. The object of the game is to toss the bean bags right into the hole of the board. The first team who scores 21 points wins that round and the contest goes on to the next inning. Here is how the game is played:
- Get the bean bags, platforms or game boards ready. Position the board at least 30 feet from where the players will stand to toss the bags.
- Divide the players into two teams with each team having a set of bean bags distinguished by colors.
- Determine the spot where two platforms will be placed for each of the two teams.
- The game starts when a player enters the pitcher box. He is given 20 seconds to toss the first bag then the other player from the opposite team does the same. They do this alternately until all four bean bags have been thrown by each team member.
- A player whose bag goes into the hole scores three points while only one point is given when the bag lands on the board’s surface. No point is earned if the bag touches the ground first before landing on the board. Knocking a bag into the hole is allowed.
- The first round ends when a team scores 21 points. The winning team gets the first toss on the next inning.
You can design the board with many different sizes of holes to make the game more fun and exciting to play. You can suit the pattern according to your preference for the enjoyment of everyone.